20 Reasons to start your own business
There are many reasons not to start your own business, I'm sure you have heard them all from all the unsupportive friends and family members in your life. So this is why I am giving you 20 reasons you should start your own business. No one is saying you should quit your current job and set up a website or a service, I am just saying if there is something you love to do or passionate about why not do it on the side and feel good about yourself by using your skills to help others, and who knows you might even make money at it or even provide opportunities for others they otherwise would not have had.
1. Take control of your destiny. When you start your own business you make the choices that determine whether your business succeeds or fails. You can put your vision out into the world and no one can stop you.
2. All the tax benefits. You can write off expenses that can save you money in the long run such as meals, gas, or rent and more.
3. You can change lives on a small or large scale. If you have a great idea for a new product or service put it out there and make a huge impact on the world.
4. Put an end to the boredom. When you have to do everything yourself then there is always something to do. This will present new opportunities for you to learn, making you more valuable.
5. The freedom to work anywhere in the world. Technology today allows you to travel anywhere and keep your business running as long as you can connect to the internet. that kind of freedom can have a positive effect on your life.
6. Use your mind and skills and see the results. Every choice you make towards your business has an effect you can see. Whether it goes up or down you well see the results. Your success and failures will be learning opportunities.
7. Yes, I am a business owner! It makes you feel good to say "this is my business". When you are having a conversation with someone and they say they need some work done and you can say my business can help you with that and you proudly reach into your pocket take out a business card and say give me a call. It really puts a smile on your face.
8. You can stop feeling undervalued. When you run your own business you can implement your ideas as you see fit. No more hoping for a manager who does not really value you finds your idea worthy of moving forward.
9. Give family members opportunities. Some people would say having family members as business partners is not a good idea and it's probably true. However having them as employees often works out better and gives them the opportunity to gain useful skills.
10. Stop punching the clock. When you work the average job you have to get up and the same time work the same hours and go home then do it all again tomorrow. As an entrepreneur, you can make your own hours and end your day when your tasks are complete.
11. Earn an income from your passion and beliefs. If you believe that a vegan diet, for example, is an important part of life. Then become a dietary consultant, go to vegan food suppliers and start an online store, write a book and sell it. Chances are if you believe it then others will too and you can improve the lives of people through your passions.
12. Stop fearing downsizing and layoffs. When you work at a company every once in a while there are rumours of layoffs or downsizing stressing employees out. As an entrepreneur, you do not have to live in fear of this.
13. You don't need a degree to start your own business. You don't need to go to college or university to start your own business. In fact, some of the most successful tech billionaires have dropped out of school.
14. Recognition of your hard work. It is really satisfying when you have your own business and it gets positive recognition in the press and social media.
15. Be a provider to others. Entrepreneurs are providers to your employees and customers. Your employees will depend on your leadership to keep their livelihood going. Your customers will depend on you to provide your service keeping their business moving forward.
16. You become an expert in your field. When you are a business owner you have to learn to overcome obstacles using your own mind and resources, you become a problem solver.
17. Having a learning disability cannot stop you. Richard Branson often failed tests in school due to his diagnosis with dyslexia. He overcame this disability to becoming a multi-billionaire with his company Virgin.
18. Turn what you love into a source of income. A wise man once said when you work doing what you love, you never work a day in your life.
19: The opportunity to meet new people. Entrepreneurs meet new and interesting people and professionals everyday to grow there network.
20: Improve the economy by creating new jobs. Help people in your area by giving them employment working for you in a business you started on your own. It really is a good feeling knowing your passions and skills are helping others.